Samick Polaris - Premium Recurve Bow Kit - 48-20
Have you ever wanted to get into traditional archery but don't know where to start or what to purchase?
Don't worry, Apex Hunting is here to help!
This premium recurve bow kit is designed to give you everything you need to get started, and then keep going. It features the following products, put together in one place by us for your convenience;
- 1x Samick Polaris Wooden Takedown recurve bow
- 12x Carbon Blackout Heritage arrows
- 1x Sanlida takedown recurve bow case
- 1x Fred Bear replica shooting glove
- 1x Arm Guard
- 1x Stringer
- 1x String Nocking Clip
In a nutshell, this is everything you need to get started shooting. However we do recommend additional extras such as a quiver and target if you are shooting at home.
We also highly recommend a felt or hair rest for this bow, as it is designed to be shot in a traditional style with feather fletched arrows. However, you can use arrow rests.
Here is a breakdown of all the kit components;
The Samick Polaris is the younger brother of the Sage, it is designed for a beginner on a tighter budget, while still performing great on the range. It has everything you would ever want in your first recurve bow; Takedown functionality, traditional cut riser, accessory compatible bushings and a stunning finish to boot. Available in youth sizes as well as adults.
The Heritage series of our famous Carbon Blackout arrows are among the best feather fletched carbon arrows you can find. In this package, you will receive a dozen of these world class arrows, spined to suit the poundage of the bow that you select. For more information, check out the Heritage arrows here.
Sanlida have been making outstanding traditional products for years, with regular appearances at the annual ATA shows. This soft case is another ingenius bit of gear that will protect your investment. Learn more here.
The premium kit is completed with a combination or useful tools and accessories;
- Fred Bear replica glove - a genuine leather shooting glove to protect your fingers while giving you a clean string release. The default size is L - please let us know after checkout if you have a specific size requirement.
- Arm Guard - a must have for even experienced archers, because string slap hurts! Sizes and colour may vary depending on what is available, but they are all one size fits all and comfortable to boot.
- Basic Stringer - Bow stringers are essential considering traditional bows need to be unstrung when you are not using them. They provide an alternate and safer way to string your bow by flexing both limbs evenly during operation. This particular stringer comes with the bow from the manufacturer, however Apex also recommends checking out the Bear recurve stringer, which in our experience is the best on the market (limited stock available).
- Nocking Clip - a single nocking clip is provided with this package. One of the most common questions we receive from traditional archers is "why do recurve and longbows not come with a nocking point?", and we agree! Simply squeeze this Bohning nocking clip on to your string and you will have consistent shots for the life of your bow string. We recommend shooting your bow for a while first to work out where you need to install it and also to let the string settle in.