R2 Recurve Bow package - Starter Archery
Best Value recurve bow starter kit on the market
The Starter Archery R2 Recurve bow brings an astonishing level of value to what we would consider a starter bow. Never before has it been possible to get a full complete kit for well under $200, and a lot of potential archers have been deterred by the normally high cost of getting in to the sport. With the R2 recurve, you can now get going for ridiculously cheap, and see whether or not you like the sport. If you decide to stick with archery, the R2 will still last you a while, so there is no need to worry about upgrading quickly.
Constructed of cast aluminium, the R2 recurve bow riser or handle is tapped and threaded to allow the installation of sights, plungers or arrow rests, stabilizers and even a clicker. You would normally find these features on an Olympic quality recurve bow. The limbs are laminated maple hardwoods with a fiberglass coating for durability and flexibility. Complete with a custom dacron string, this is as much a bow as anything else you can buy, but incredibly forgiving on your bank account!
You will also receive a full package with the R2 recurve bow, and we mean a complete kit; there is even bow wax included. Check it out;
In case you were wondering what all the parts and accessories are for, we'll break it down for you;
- Arm Guard - protect the arm holding the bow, you'll get string slap if your form is not spot on.
- Finger Tab - protect your fingers from nerve damage and pinching when releasing the bow string.
- 12x Arrows - fibreglass with shield cut vanes, basic, but insane value for a starter kit.
- Bow string - a bow will not fire without a string!
- String wax - maintains your string and protects it from the elements.
- Arrow puller - helps grip arrows to retrieve from targets.
- Allen keys - install and adjust accessories.
- Riser - the handle of a bow.
- Limbs - the arms of the bow, they determine how powerful the bow is.
- Bow stringer - the best way to string your bow, always use this and de-string your bow when not in usage.
- Arrow rest - self adhesive, line up with the hole on the riser pointing forward, this is what you fire the arrow off.
- Hip quiver - keep your arrows on your side while on the go.
- Bow sight - dial in and aim with this, you can also shoot the bow without it for a more traditional style.
Apex recommends purchasing nocking clips for the string, and a foam target if shooting at home!
Bow Size: 68 Inch full length
Riser length: 25 Inch
Mass Weight: 2.97lbs
Right Handed Only
Suited for adults
18-28lbs for ladies, 28-38lbs for men
Good Bow - Bad AccessoriesBy: Ces on 22 June 2019Picked this up for my wife so she could shoot a few arrows with me. The bow itself is nice. Fairly light and riser feels solid. The fact that no tools are needed to install the limbs is a huge plus, and the string which comes with the bow is more than adequate. However, the accessories let it down. The metal hand on the arrow rest broker almost immediately after her first shoot. The sights seem flimsy and are made of plastic which makes adjustment stiff. However, after replacing the arrow rest with a $10 plastic one, and replacing the sights, the bow became much nicer to shoot. Also, the arrows seemed a bit too flexible for the poundage (38lbs) and I replaced them with 450 Spine Carbon arrows, which seemed to shoot better. The stringer is also very cheap and would have been nicer to receive a saddle stringer as opposed to a pocket stringer. That been said, the other items that came with it were quite nice and handy to have (wax, arrow puller, finger tab). I would also have liked them to include a metal nocking clip, but you can always use some floss or string. All and all, for the price it's a decent bow for a beginner, so long as you are prepared to spend a few bucks replacing a few things and if you get a heavier bow, some more money replacing the arrows for higher quality ones.
Fantastic Starter SetBy: Andrew on 20 June 2019I am brand new to the sport, And I'm going to tell you why this is getting 5 stars. It's got everything I need right now. I'm all for buying the best of the best but I have a philosophy. If I can do a sport well I can do it on anything, especially your meat and potato spec set up whatever that may be. I could go on and on but from what I have seen on youtube if generally speaking it feels good shooting then you will have a good time. The accessories it comes with are absolutely fine, I ordered a 20 pound R/H and was able to string it up and be shooting inside of 15 minutes. The feeling is great and I am honestly impressed with how this pack comes to you and the quality you get for the price, And mostly for a beginner who is going to learn off this and develop my muscles and general competency with this bow.